Friday, November 19, 2010

Mission Critical Website

I found the mission critical website to be very helpful. It is neatly organized and easy way to understand certain concepts of critical thinking. This is the kind of website that I'm looking for because it talks about most of the concepts. It has  the definition for most of the concepts that we learned about. Not only does it give a definition, but it gives good examples as well. Another thing that I liked about it was the explanations of fallacies. Fallacies was one of  the few concepts that I had trouble understanding. After looking at the many fallacy links, it gave me a better understanding of fallacies. The fallacy links gave a lot of good and clear examples.  I also like how there is exercises that can help you out. One of the exercises I found interesting was the 40 fallacy review exercises. I like how it wanted you to identify what kind of fallacy each sentence was. Overall this website was very informative.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with your post. The mission critical website was helpful since it was organized and easy to understand the old concepts that we have been learning in the past few months. I understand that some of the fallacies are confusing at first but the links do help you understand a little better. Also, the exercises help you understand the concept of fallacies better. We are learning about casual arguments and I found that to be interesting since the site covered explains what casual argument is. I can see that fallacies was your favorite and interesting section. It was my favorite section in the book and the site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree that the Mission Critical website was helpful and coherent. I am going to use this website as my reference to remind me of the concepts we learned in this class and to clear up any confusions I may have with a certain concept. I also enjoyed the examples that the Mission Critical provided on their site because it allowed me to practice what I learned by applying them in the exercises. It really did help me better my understanding of the concepts deductive and inductive reasoning. I also really liked all the explanations of each different type of fallacies and the examples they provided after. Overall, this site is very helpful and easy to use.

    ReplyDelete