Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fallacies

The concept that I think that needs further discussion is the concept of fallacies.  Although I found fallacies to be very interesting, the Epstein book did not cover the concept as much as I wanted it to. The book did not have enough examples to make me understand what the fallacy is about. I had to go search up websites that explained more about the fallacies. When I went to the website, it showed great information and described the fallacies really well. They also put examples of the fallacies which made it easier for me to understand. Another thing I noticed was that there were more types of fallacies compared to the book which only offered a couple. I also utilized this website for doing group paper. Since I had to do my part on fallacies for the paper, I used some of the fallacies the website talked about that the book didn't show. This is the website I used http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. I agree with you that there are lot of fallacies out there that are not cover in the book. I also agree with you that the book does not have enough examples of fallacies as well. Even though there are some examples and definitions of fallacies in book; it's not really clear and could be hard to understand. I also notice that if you look up fallacies on the web; it will have better examples and it will be easier to understand. Overall this post and the website you provide is pretty good. The website provide many concept of fallacies that were not even cover it the book.

    ReplyDelete