Tuesday, December 7, 2010

What have you learned over the semester?


Overall I learned a lot over the semester. There are so many things I learned that I might forget a lot of the concepts. At the beginning it looked like a lot of the concepts were going to be very easy and simple to understand. As the semester progressed a lot of the concepts became harder to understand. Overall I learned a lot especially about fallacies. I never heard of fallacies before and it looked very interesting. At first I found it difficult to understand because the book did not use great examples. After reading other peoples examples from their blogs I finally got to understand them. Another concept that was interesting was appeal to emotion. After learning about this I realized that appeal to emotion was a part of our everyday lives. I notice it everywhere especially in TV commercials. Although though I learned about so many concepts, I still don't fully understand some of the concepts.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that there are many concepts that we have learned during the semester but there are some that we will remember and understand. I agree that there were many fallacies that I have never heard of. However, the book did use great examples but sometimes concepts can be confusing to us. However, other classmates can help us understand a concept since they have a their own point of view on concepts. Many concepts are a part of our everyday lives. Appeal to emotion is one that is commonly used in TV commercials. The book may not have great examples but online resources can also help you understand a specific concept better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, first off great post! Can't believe how fast this semester went by. Seemed not too long ago I was freaking out because I thought I didn't respond to the Professor fast enough and was dropped from the class. All in all, we definitely covered a lot of material over the course of the semester, so it'll be a bit hard to remember everything. The Mission:Critical website is a good reference for anything we've covered though. I guess it helps if you like debating in general, because you have to constantly use concepts like these or you'll just look stupid. Good luck on the final!

    ReplyDelete