Thursday, September 2, 2010

Vague Sentence

 A vague sentence is a sentence that is usually  unclear, unspecific and can lead to misunderstandings.I hear many vague sentences all the time usually from my friends and my family. One of the most frequently vague sentences  I always hear from my friends is "Warren, let's hangout right now" or "Lets chill". I always get text messages of those two sentences. Usually I reply back and say okay but its so vague that we don't know what to do. When they say "Let's hangout ," do they mean hang out as in getting something to eat or watching a movie. This sentence is very unclear because it does not state what we're going to do specifically. Another vague sentence I hear is from my brother. I asked him what time he was going home and he said "I'm going home later." This sentence is unclear because it doesn't show how late he's coming home. Does he mean coming late at 9 or late at midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment